Hi there! This week’s post is going to be a little different from what you’ve seen on my blog before. It’s a super simple recipe for Pastina and Egg, which has been one of my favorite comfort foods since I was a baby (I’ve had a rough week at work so this was definitely needed!). Enjoy!
Ingredients (personal serving)
1 cup of pastina
1-2 pats of butter, unsalted
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt to season and prevent pastina from clumping.
2. Slowly pour in 1 cup of pastina and stir. Periodically stir as the pastina is cooking (this takes about 5 mins, depending on how you like your pasta).
3. Take your pan off the heat and strain out the excess water. After this, put your pastina back in the pan.
4. Keeping your pan off the heat, add 1-2 pats off butter and stir.
5. On low heat, pour 1 whisked egg on top of your pastina. Continuously stir until the egg is fully cooked.
6. Before serving, make sure to taste your pastina first–you may want to add more salt.
As always, thank you so much for reading my blog! If you’ve written a recipe post, link it down below…I would love to try it! Please follow my blog and my social medias if you aren’t already. Have a great weekend!